Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Made in Secret

"My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the
          earth."
(Ps 139:15)

I find it so comforting to know that God,
not chance, put me together. He picked out
the color of my eyes, my hair, my facial
features. It is interesting that He does His
work in secret for nine months. I have no
say in the process, but neither does anyone
else! He does the work "intricately." That
word means, "to fold, obscure, complicated."

God is BIG to me in every way. How is it
that the same God who set the stars in place,
weaves the tiny babe together from a single
cell?

It was as David meditated on the darkness,
that God brought him into the wonders of
the womb. Not just any womb, but the
one from which he was formed. His flight
from God is halted. Not only does God
know David, but David is now enthralled.

Dear reader, God knew you in Christ before
the foundation of the world. How awesome
is that?

Thankfulness Corner:
Goats, large and small, hidden in tall grass, eating. 

No comments: