Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Confined

Have you ever felt the hand of God on you and
you could not move? The door was shut behind
and the way was blocked before you? You are
confined and there is no way out.

I sit here and go back over my history and I
discover many times that felt tight, cramped--
God was not going to change my circumstances.

David speaks to this:

"You have enclosed me behind and before,
   And laid your hand upon me." (Ps 139:5

The word "enclosed" means to surround,
shut in, confine on all sides, encompass.

David is saying, "God you have put me into a tight
place, confined me on all sides, and your hand is
heavy on me. I cannot move."

I have a dear friend whom I have known for over
45 years. Mary's mind is failing and today she
leaves her home and enters an assisted living
facility. It does not feel right to her; she is afraid.
Her friends and family weep over how her brain
and body are being hemmed in by the aging
process. Is God still in control? Yes, His hand is
upon her shoulder. Mary is dearly loved. Her
heavenly Papa will not let go of her in this new
season of life. It brings me comfort to know that
she is safe.

Thanksgiving Corner:
The bright new green growth against the dark

No comments: