Friday, June 20, 2014

Hooray!!!

David is so excited by God's handiwork in forming
him, that he bursts into a loud, "Hooray!"

"I praise you, for I am fearfully and
       wonderfully made.
wonderful are your works;
       my soul knows it very well."
(Ps 139:14)

How long did it take David to write this psalm?
Days, weeks? How long did the psalmist ponder
his beginning and just how God was so beautifully
and intimately involved in his construction from
the very first moment? I sit here and watch my
hand move as I write. How many cells are involved
in the formation of just one word? I feel the pen--
yes, I start with paper and pen--, and watch it form
letters. The muscles of my fingers orchestrate brief
delicate movements. The phone rings and I stand
and walk to the other room. Balance, strength,
bones, big muscles are all coordinated by the
nervous system--sight, speaking and hearing. The
foundation of what I am able to do today, was
laid down the first three months of life in the sacred
place of the womb. Pretty awesome if you ask me!

Dear reader, you, too, were wonderfully and
fearfully made and knitted together by God
Himself. Hooray!!!!

Thanksgiving Corner:
From a raspberry to a medium green cocktail olive!
(God is knitting in this the 9th week.)




No comments: