Friday, January 5, 2018

Weakness

I have been pondering what it means to live a vibrant
Christian life. Many people my age are looking at old
age, sickness now, and other various weaknesses. So,
what has God been emphasizing to me in this new year?

And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, 
for My strength is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:2

Really, Lord? Are you speaking to me?
How does Paul respond to the words of Jesus because
he was at a place of great weakness.

"Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my 
infirmities, that the power of Christ might rest 
upon me...For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9,10

Reader, I want to stay on this for a few blogs as I have
continued to think about what Jesus said to Paul and
even how he responded. Is it not backward to all you
have been taught about how we should be strong and
do great things for God? Paul certainly lived a very
productive life.


No comments: