Sunday, January 28, 2018

Further Horizons

And I pray God your whole spirit and soul, and body 
be preserved blameless. I Thessalonians 5:23

"Your whole spirit..." The great mystical work of the 
Holy Spirit is in the dim regions of our personality which 
we cannot get at. Read the 139th Psalm; the Psalmist im-
plies, "Thou art the God of the early mornings, the God of 
the late nights, the God of the mountain peaks, and the 
God of the sea; but my God, my soul has further horizons 
than the early mornings, deeper darkness than the nights 
of earth, higher peaks than any mountain peaks, greater 
depth than any sea in nature--"Thou who art the God of 
all these, be my God. I cannot reach to the heights or to 
the depths; there are motives I cannot trace, dreams I 
cannot get at--my God, search me out."

Do we believe that God can garrison the imagination 
far beyond where we can go? "The blood of Jesus Christ 
cleanseth us from all sin"--if that means in conscious ex-
perience only, may God have mercy on us. The man who 
has been made obtuse by sin will say he is not conscious 
of sin. Cleansing from sin is to the very heights and depths 
of our spirit if we will keep in the light as God is in the 
light, and the very Spirit that fed the life of Jesus Christ 
will feed the life of our spirits. It is only when we are gar-
risoned by God with the stupendous sanctity of the Holy 
Spirit, that spirit, soul and body are preserved in unspotted
integrity, undeserving of censure in God's sight, until Jesus 
comes.

We do not allow ourselves to dwell as we should on these 
great and marvelous truths. Oswald Chambers

Reader, I am going through Leviticus right now and am over-
whelmed with all of the laws and the blood sacrifices for sin
and for guilt. Knowing humans I can hardly believe that any
man still had animals after a few months of atoning for his
sins!  I am drawn to the verse above--HIS BLOOD cleanses
us from ALL sin. Do I really believe this? Do you really be-
lieve this? Please don't just read this, ponder the implications
for your life.

Your steadfast love extends to the heavens,
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds
Your righteousness is like majestic mountains
And Your wisdom like the depth of the sea,
And you live in me.

Filling my heart with your loving kindness.
I find my rest in the shadow of your wings.
I eat my fill from the abundance of your household,
And I drink from the streams of rejoicing,
And, You are my King.
From a song I sang in my youth from Ps 36


No comments: