Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Have You Not Known Me?

Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, 
and yet you have not known Me, Philip?
John 14:9

These words are not spoken as a rebuke, nor even
with surprise; Jesus is leading Philip on. The last
One with whom we get intimate is Jesus. "I have
called you friends." Friendship is rare on earth.
It means identity in thought and heart and spirit.
The whole discipline of life is to enable us to en-
ter into this closest relationship with Jesus Christ.
We receive His blessings and know His Word. but
do we know Him?

When once we get intimate with Jesus we are never
lonely, we never need sympathy, we can pour out all
the time without being pathetic. The saint who is in-
timate with Jesus will never leave the impression of
himself, but only the impression that Jesus is having
unhindered way, because the last abyss of his nature
has been satisfied by Jesus. The only impression left
by such a life is that of the strong calm of sanity that
Our Lord gives to those who are intimate with Him.
Oswald Chambers

Reader, I still get lonely, I do need sympathy, and
I am not sure that Jesus is unhindered in my life...
I wonder if this is possible in our technological,
our fast paced life?  However, the question that
Jesus asked of His disciple cut me. We have had
so many years together. 

No comments: