Monday, January 1, 2018

Keep To The Point

My eager desire and hope being that I may never
be ashamed, but that now as ever I may do honor
to Christ in my own person by fearless courage.
Phil 1:20  (MOFFAT)

My Utmost for His Highest. "My eager desire and hope 
is that I may never feel ashamed." We shall all feel very 
much ashamed if we do not yield to Jesus on the point 
He has asked us to yield to Him. Paul says--"My deter-
mination is to be my utmost for His Highest." To get there 
is a question of will, not of debate or reasoning, but a 
surrender of will, an absolute and irrevocable surrender 
on that point. When we consider what it will cost others 
if we obey the call of Jesus, we tell God He does not know 
what our obedience will mean. Keep to the point; He does 
know. Shut out every other consideration and keep your-
self before God for this one thing only: My Utmost for 
His Highest. I am determined to be absolutely and entire-
ly for Him and Him alone. Oswald Chambers

Reader, on this first day of 2018, what is on your mind?
Are you working out the resolutions for the year ahead?
How has that worked for you in the past? I chose the
January 1 reading of Oswald Chamber because he cuts
to the chase.


No comments: