Wednesday, August 1, 2012

He Satisfies My Soul


“Satisfy us in the morning with your
steadfast love,
    that we may rejoice and be glad all
our days.
Make us glad for as many days as you
have afflicted us,
    and for as many days as we have seen
evil.
(Psalm 90:15,16)
Out of the cry of the soul comes the realization that
God and God alone can satisfy--come what may.
True peace never comes out of circumstances, 
but turning toward God provides satisfaction 
in the midst of the circumstances. God’s sovereignty 
is hidden within these verses. No, God does not afflict, 
but He permits it. The important thing in these verses 
is that God can give joy and gladness in the midst of pain; 
in the midst of evil.
My Dear Papa, 
I love You, because You first loved me! You were satisfied 
with me at my birth before I did anything to give You love. 
In these verses I am reminded that circumstances do not 
have to determine my emotional state. Lately I have been 
looking at what I don’t have in my life instead of looking at 
what I do have--YOU. So, this morning I sit with You. 
I am so grateful for this blog which calls me back each 
day to the place where I can focus on You instead of 
circumstances and say with all my whole being,
“You satisfy me!”
Check out my stories, click here

No comments: