Friday, August 24, 2012

The Father's Pleasure


In the last blog we looked at a caution: Beware that you are not drawn into
the world’s way of thinking, and not according to Christ,

“For in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.” Col 2:9
There’s that word “in” again. 

What an outlandish statement! The fullness of the Godhead dwells in 
Jesus bodily--not just in a vague spiritual sense. Has any man, any
spiritual leader of any religion ever made such an outrageous claim?

Paul gives us two more scriptures:

“For it was the Father’s pleasure for all the fullness to dwell 
in Him.”  Col. 1:19
“...God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself...” 2 Cor. 5:19

But what about the Gospels? What does Jesus say?
Take a look at John 14:

“He who has seen me has seen the Father” vrs. 9
“I am in the Father, and the Father is in me.” vrs 10
“Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else
believe on account of the works themselves.” vrs 11

Philip asked Jesus to do something all the disciples wanted. These
twelve men had walked intimately with him for three years and yet
it would take the resurrection for them to really see it.

I have spent the last couple of days mulling the simple sentence
written above. It won’t lie down and there is definitely more to come,
but I sense that it will take Eternity to fully unwrap it.  In the meantime 
I can say:

“Christ in me, the hope of glory!” 

Wow!

To see my stories, Click here


No comments: