Thursday, August 30, 2012

Outrageously Wonderful!


Just when I am trying to get my imagination around the truth in
Colossians 2:9, “in him all the fullness of Deity dwells in 
bodily form,” I read on.  Actually, the sentence goes on into verse 10:

“...and you have been filled in him,”  New English Standard
“...in him you have been made complete,”  ASV
“...you have been given fullness in Christ,” NIV

The Apostle Paul writes long sentences in his letters and man has
divided these sentences into verses. However, verse 9 should NOT
have been separated from verse ten as they are of one piece. The 
subject of dwelling and filling continues and it is so important to 
read it that way.

Jesus is God incarnate and you, me, us, have been filled in Him, not 
with Him--how odd. Ponder this...

When did this filling take place? At salvation! It is written in the past tense.

If God filled me at the time of salvation, then I must have, within me,
all of God that I will ever need, right now. But, what if I don’t know this 
part of the Gospel? What if I think that I must work, work, work, in
order to be filled in Him? Knowing that I have been filled in Him,
changes the way I think, behave, and the way I live my Christian life.

Christ in me, the hope of glory! (and I don’t have to wait until I die
to experience His glory in me!)

My dear Papa, I need your Spirit to help me grasp Jesus in me. Give
me revelation and wisdom. Enlighten the eyes of my heart to know
the hope to which I have been called! And, I do pray this for others, like 
those who read this blog! How can we possibly grasp this truth 
without your help? It is unbelievably outrageously wonderful!

To see my stories, Click here




No comments: