Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Papa's Secret


As I continue to slowly read through the book of Colossians with you, with
a few digressions, I see the same theme over and over:
“Christ in you, the hope of glory!”

Listen to Colossians 2:2,3 from the Phillip’s translation:

“...How I long for you to grow more certain in your knowledge and more sure
in your grasp of God himself. May your spiritual experience become richer 
as you see more and more fully God’s great secret, Christ himself!
For it is in him and him alone, that men will find all the treasures of wisdom
and knowledge.”

How long does it take to begin to unpack these two verses? A lifetime and 
maybe even an eternity. What wonderful verses to use as prayers over 
yourselves and your loved ones. 

My dearest Papa, I pray that I would grow more certain of You. You are not
a distant, uncaring God. May my spiritual experience become richer as 
I gaze on Christ. Show me the treasures of wisdom and knowledge that 
are found in Him and Him alone.”


NEW STORY, “My Psychotic Dog” : Click here

No comments: