Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Finish Line


We are coming down to the finish line. I never intended
to do a “superficial” meditation on this psalm, but it has
unfolded in my own time with God. I use the term, “superficial,”
because I have truly only scratched the surface but pray that
you, the reader, will read it yourself and receive additional insights.
“Let your work be shown to your servants,
and your glorious power to their children.”
“Let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us,
and, establish the work of our hands upon us;
yes, establish the work of our hands.”
Ps 90:16, 17
How often I rush past His work with hardly a glance. My mind
tends to wander as a walk, drive, or water the garden. I miss the
majesty of the clouds at sunset, or how the light filters through 
the trees in the early morning. His glory is manifested all around
me, but I need Him to reveal it to me. 
Question: How important is it that our children and grandchildren
embrace the glorious power of their creator God?

I like the next verse and how the psalmist asks that God’s beauty,
or favor rest upon him. It appears that God is the giver, but not 
necessarily seen by the recipient.
Verse 16 mentions God’s work and verse 17 deals with man’s work,
or in personal terms, my work. I am made in God’s image and deep
in my heart I want my work to be eternal not just temporal in scope.
God needs to be the One who gives my work meaning and the fact 
that Moses repeats it twice indicates how important this is to him also.

No comments: