Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Performance


Moses was the lawgiver--laws he could not keep.
Jesus is the law fulfiller--He fulfilled the law, all of it, the whole thing.

To Fulfill means: To accomplish; to complete; to perform what is 
required.

Jesus said this to his disciples in the Sermon on the Mount:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets,
I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them.” Matthew 5:11

Since my blog on Moses I have wrestled with what Jesus accomplished
for us on the Cross and how to bring it to you, the reader. As Christians
we have heard the words but do we embrace the gift of a fulfilled law?
Jesus performed what was required in the law, so I do not have to perform 
to get God’s OK. THIS IS HUGE!

“For Freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm, therefore, and do not
submit again to a yoke of bondage.”  Galatians 5:1

No comments: