Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Cry of the Soul


“Return, O Lord, how long?”
“Have pity on your servants.”
(Ps 90:13)
Is there a gap between verse 12 and verse 13?  It would
seem so. Verse 13 is a cry from the heart.
“HOW LONG, O LORD?”
How many are saying today:
“How long before I sense your presence?
How long before I see justice?
How long do I have to endure pain, weakness, weariness, 
a lousy marriage, a rebellious child, be without a job?”
This cry is found all through the scripture, in almost every
story. Even in the book of Revelation we see souls
beneath the altar who cry with a loud voice, “O Sovereign
Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and
avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?”
(Revelation 6:10)
The cry of the soul is really asking, 
“Is God good?”
“Is God good to me?”
“Does God love me?”
Papa, even as I write this my own unanswered prayers
almost overwhelm me. I am in the prayer of Moses. His
prayer is my prayer:
“Have pity on me.” 
“Deliver me.” 
“Give me a new song.” 
“Come, Lord Jesus!”
Check out my stories, click here

No comments: