Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Watch in the Night


By now, dear reader, you probably have your nose in 
Psalm 90 because you are wondering where all this
is going.
In verse 4 it appears that Moses is taking a detour:
“For a thousand years in your sight
are but as yesterday when it is past,
or as a watch in the night.”
Actually it is not a detour just more bad news. Moses 
is pointing out that there is GOD and then there is MAN. 
GOD has given MAN a certain number of years to live 
but not even Methuselah lived a thousand years. We 
think that life is so long, but it is hardly a blink of God’s eye. 
I got a taste of that blink when I came back from two weeks of
vacation with family, (read, grand baby). It seemed no time at all. 
It was like a dream when I awakened in my own bed, in my own 
home, my vacation over. Was I really there? 

No comments: