Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Psalm 90


A Prayer of Moses, The Man of God
“Lord, You have been our dwelling place
In all generations.”
Psalm 90:1
Dwelling place: A refuge, a place of safety, a home
For all generations: Not just in the past, but NOW!

Psalm 91 verse one continues this theme:
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty... 

My dear Papa, You are my dwelling place, but 
often I am so busy going here and there, that I 
forget, not just the dwelling place, but YOU. Things
are going pretty well and I can handle life. Not so!
I am  glad that I don’t have to be conscious of 
where I live in order for it to be true. It is true
whether or not I sense that I am safe. You indeed 
ARE my refuge, a very present help in trouble. 
YOU ARE MY DWELLING PLACE!
Dear Reader, He is your dwelling place also, even if
God does not feel real to you today.

Do stop by tomorrow so that together we may swim in this sea of Life. 

No comments: