Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Not Law Keepers

Yesterday we looked at Daniel and his friends and
touched upon their resolve to live a life pleasing to
God whom they loved passionately. How do I know
they were passionate? Because as the story unfolds
it is obvious that their resolve alone is not enough to
carry them through. God was real to them; He held
them when things got tough. These men were not
just "law keepers," they were "love finders." They
were connected to the heart of God; they knew that
He loved them.

Have you, dear reader, ever resolved not to do
"that thing" again? What about a resolve to do
something like reading the Bible daily? I remember
standing at a large meeting to indicate a "yes" to
a vow to read the Bible for fifteen minutes every
day. I did not want to stand, but everyone around
us stood and the pressure to conform was too much.
It felt like a straight jacket was binding me to a
promise I knew I could never keep. Freedom has
come with the revelation that God loves Jane--me--
and He has promised to keep me in Him forever!

A song from my youth:

"I know whom I have believed and am persuaded
that He is able to keep that which I have committed
unto Him against that day!"  2 Timothy 1:12

Thankfulness Corner:
Chocolate melting on my tongue

Stories:
http://www.hisvictoriousindwelling.com/stories.html

No comments: