Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Believer's Access to God

The second value is that the blood cleanses our conscience. 
What does this mean? It means that my guilty conscience came between 
me and God whenever I sought to approach Him. It constantly reminded 
me of the barrier that stood between myself and Him. As soon as I find 
my conscience uneasy, my faith leaks away, and immediately I know 
I cannot face God. In order to keep trucking I must know that God keeps 
short accounts; that I am made right by the Blood every moment of everyday. 
It means that I come to God on the basis of the finished work of the 
Lord Jesus. A clear conscience is never based upon my own attainment; 
it can only be based on the work of the Lord Jesus in the shedding of His 
Blood on the cross.
All of us may feel weak, but looking at our weakness will never make 
us strong. But we can say to God, “Lord, I do not know the value of 
the Blood of Jesus, but I know the Blood has satisfied You and so the
Blood is enough for me and it is my only plea.”
See the Normal Christian Life by Watchman Nee

No comments: