Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The New "I"

"But may it never be that I should boast, except in 
the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the 
world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." 
(Gal 6:14

When people saw Jesus they saw God, for He was
attached by a divine umbilical cord to the Father,
whose LIFE flowed through Him. In the body of
Jesus, God defeated sin, the world, and every aspect
of the flesh. How? The 'I' attitude of Jesus was this:
"Of My own self I can do nothing." To the world
He was a defeated man; but to God the Father there
hung the greatest conqueor the world had ever known.

When Jesus died His Life departed and descended
into the grave. Death encountered a new foe, LIFE,
and death ran. Captivity was taken captive, as a
Man tore open the very gates of hell and preached.
All who believed in Jesus left with Him. In short,
hell was plundered. God's connection with His Son,
raised Him bodily from the dead. The Life in Jesus
overcame sin; Satan; the world; all 'I' attitudes. Death,
Captivity and Hell, were also defeated, all by doing
nothing of "HIMSELF!"

Reader, Jesus could not live the Chrisitan Life on His
own abilities. Why do we think we can? You see,
formerly dead in sin, believers are now filled with a
new 'I' that soaks into their whole being and gets into the
cracks, so that all changes. We may look the same but
we are not. His 'I' wraps itself around everything. Our
flesh does not like it. However, it is fighting an 'I' that
has already overcome flesh.

"OF MY OWN SELF I CAN DO NOTHING!" 

No comments: