Thursday, September 10, 2015

Headlines

I skimmed the headlines this morning before my
coffee and had immediate indigestion. Then I
opened my Bible and read:

"Do you not know? Do you not hear?
Has it not been told to you from the
        beginning?
Have you not understood from the
        foundation of the earth?

It is he who sits above the circle of the
        earth,
and it's inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
who stretches out the heavens like a 
        curtain,
and spreads them like a tent to dwell in;
who brings princes to nothing,
and makes the rulers of the earth as
       emptiness.

Scarcely are they planted, scarcely sown,
scarcely has their stem taken root in the
       earth,
when he blows on them and they wither,
and the tempest carries them off like 
       stubble"
(Isaiah 40:21-24)

Refreshed and renewed I opened my laptop and
wrote my blog. It's a beautiful day outside. A
good day for washing windows!

No comments: