Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Crucified "I"

I posted, Harold's Story over the weekend. Read it!

'I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer
I who live, but Christ lives within me and the life
which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the
Son of God, who loved me and delivered Himself
up for me. (Gal 2:20)

The phrase, 'I have been crucified with Christ and no
longer live' has been thrown around, glibly quoted and
become so common a phrase that it is no longer
meaningful to many.

The 'I' wraps itself around and through man.
The 'I' has the attitude of glory, righteousness,
     and strength.
The 'I' wants to be God, worshiped
The 'I' wamts to be be central to the universe.
The 'I' wants to control everything.

The scripture says that the day Christ died, the 'I' died,
for 'it is no longer I who live, and, 'when Christ died
I died--Rom 6.' So did you and you and you.

I believe what I read and know that I now have a new
identity. The old 'I' has died. I now have a choice: I
can live out of my flesh which is alive and well-- the
part of me that thinks I have to work in my own
strength to be a good Christian,  OR, I can live from
the Life of Christ who endwells me. Learning to live
my life from the resurrected life of Jesus is a journey.

Reader, perhaps you have heard this verse and these
words thousands of times, but do you deep down
believe it? If you do not believe it, you will continue
to work hard at being a Christian, and get so tired.

No comments: