Monday, October 9, 2017

The Whirlwind and the Storm

His way is in the whirlwind and the storm.  Nah 1:3

I remember when I was a young person attending school
in the vicinity of Mt Pleasant. One day I sat on the side
of the mountain and watched a storm as it moved through
the valley. The skies were filled with darkness, and thun-
der began to shake the earth. It seemed as though the lush
landscape were completely changed, and its beauty gone
forever. But the storm passed quickly and soon moved 
out of the valley. 

If I had sat in the same place the following day and said,
'Where is that intense storm and all its terrible darkness?'
the grass would have said, 'Part of it is in me.' The beauti-
ful daisy would have said, 'Part of it is in me.' And all
other flowers, fruits, and everything that grows in the
ground would have said, 'Part of the storm has produced
radiance in me.'

Have you ever asked the Lord to make you like Him? 
Have you ever desired the fruit of the Spirit and prayed 
for sweetness, gentleness, love? If so, then never fear the 
fierce storms that even now may be blowing through your 
life. Storms bring blessings, and rich fruit will be harves-
ted later. Henry Ward Beecher

Reader, it seems that storms flow through our lives on a
daily basis these days. The news we read seems to impact
us on some level. Hurricanes, fires, earthquakes, floods,
droughts are not 'over there.' Then there are the storms
that personally impact us. I know that my life has moved
into a new level of intensity. It is so important that we
take time each day to get quiet and seek Him through His
Word. He has much to say to us in these difficult times
but we have to stop and pay attention to that quiet Voice.
God is asking us to come into a new place of trust.

'God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in
trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be
removed, and though the mountains be carried into the
midst of the sea...BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM
GOD: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be 
exalted in the earth. The Lord of hosts is with us; the
God of Jacob is our refuge.  Ps 46


No comments: