Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Stuck

With skillful hands he led them. Psalm 78:72

When you are unsure which course to take, totally sub-
mit your own judgment to that of the Spirit of God, ask-
ing Him to shut every door except the right one. But 
meanwhile keep moving ahead and consider the absence 
of a direct indication from God to be the evidence of His 
will that you are on His path. And as you continue down
the long road, you will find that He has gone before you,
locking doors you otherwise would have been inclined
to enter. You can be sure that somewhere beyond the 
locked doors is one He has left unlocked. And when you 
open it and walk through, you will find yourself face to 
face with turn in the river of opportunity--one that is 
broader and deeper than anything you ever dared to ima-
gine, even in your wildest dreams. So set sail on it, be-
cause it flows to the open sea. 

God often guides us through our circumstances. One mo-
ment, our way may seem totally blocked, but then suddenly 
some seemingly trivial incident occurs, appearing as no-
thing to others but speaking volumes to the keen eye of faith. 
And sometimes these events are repeated in various ways in 
response to our prayers. They are certainly not haphazard 
results of chance but are God opening up the way we should 
walk, by directing our circumstances. And they begin to mul-
tiply as we advance toward our goal, just as the lights of a 
city seem to increase  as we speed toward it while traveling 
at night.  FB Meyer

Reader, I have noticed that the question of 'where do I go
now?' is a huge one in the Christian's life. Over the years I
have discovered that God does not let me head in the wrong
direction for very long before He initiates a course correc-
tion. It comes when I am moving  forward according to the
light I have currently. During the years I had Lyme Disease
and was so tired of sitting in a chair and reading mystery
stories which I could not remember after finishing the book,
God closed almost every door I tried to open. It was not the
season for activity as He still had things to teach me, like the
word, 'wait.' Toward the end of that journey I decided to put
up a website and blog. That was six years ago and so far He
has not allowed me to give it up!

I have posted my story, The Crucible of Lyme Disease below.
http://hisvictoriousindwelling.com/story.php?id=8



No comments: