Thursday, October 26, 2017

God Works in You!!!

For the past few days we have been looking at Surrender.
One blog builds on another so if you have not read the
earlier posts, now would be a good time to do so. The
blog below is from Andrew Murray's book,
Absolute Surrender. 

'Someone says: 'Oh, I have passed through so much trial
and suffering, and there is so much of the self-life still
remaining, and I dare not face the entire giving of it up,
because I know it will cause so much trouble and agony.'

Alas! Alas! that God's children have such thoughts of Him, 
such cruel thoughts. Oh, I come to you with a message, 
fearful and anxious one. God does not ask you to give the 
perfect surrender in your strength, or by the power of your
will: God is willing to work it in you. Do we not read:
'It is God that works in us, both to will and to do His 
good pleasure?'
And that is what we seek for--to go on our faces before God, 
until our hearts learn to believe that the everlasting God 
Himself will come in to turn out what is wrong, to conquer 
what is evil, and to work what is well-pleasing in His bles-
sed sight. God Himself will work in you.

God comes and offers to work this absolute surrender in
you. All these searchings and hungering and longings 
that are in your heart, I tell you they are the drawings of
the divine magnet, Jesus Christ. He lived a life of absolute
surrender, He has possession of you; He is living in your
heart by His Holy Spirit. You have hindered Him terribly, 
but He desires to help you to get hold of Him entirely. And 
He comes and draws you now by His message and words. 
Will you not come and trust God to work in you that absolute 
surrender to himself? Yes, He can do it, and He will do it.

Reader, "You can come with feeble desire and say, 'Oh my
desire is not strong enough. I am not willing for everything
that may come, I do not feel bold enough. But my God, I 
am willing that You should make me willing.'"







No comments: