Monday, October 23, 2017

Surrender

We are assured and know that all things work together
and are (fitting into a plan) for good to those who love
God and are called according to (His) design and 
purpose. Romans 8:28, Amplified

The Lord has been speaking to me about surrender
and showing me more what that means, what that
does for the Christian. I am reminded of a woman
who began to understand 'surrender' about the time
she was diagnosed with ALS. Elizabeth was in her
seventies and full of life. The disease took her
ability to live alone and she went to live with her
daughter's family. I visited her on a regular basis
and watched as her body began to fail her. Toward
the end she lost speech but could use a spelling
board. Elizabeth really understood the wonder of
surrender and I never visited but that I left more
uplifted than when I arrived. She was amazing!

Reader, we are living in the end times when things
come at us quickly and our lives change as a result.
I think of those in California who went to bed and
at 3AM were throwing stuff into cars in order to
flee a fast moving fire. Some did not make it. Many
lost everything. Fires, hurricanes, earthquakes,
tornadoes, are things that are unexpected. Certainly
those who went to the concert in Las Vegas will
never be the same. So, how does surrender make
a difference?

No comments: