Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Groom

To whom do I turn when events come to the nation and
enter my life? I turn from that which I do not
understand toward Him who holds everything together.
Psalm 45 is a beautiful psalm that fills my heart with
joy, trust and anticipation as I say to Him:

'My precious Savior, You are the most handsome of men.
There is none like You!
Grace pours out from your lips. God has blessed You
forever. You see the events happening in real time,
therefore, You gird your sword upon Your thigh. In
your majesty ride out victoriously for the cause of
truth, meekness and righteousness. Your arrows are
sharp and go deep into the King's enemies; they fall
under You.

Oh, Jesus, your throne is forever and ever. The scepter
of your kingdom is a scepter of righteousness. You
have loved righteousness and hated wickedness.
Therefore God, your God has anointed You with the
oil of gladness beyond your companions. Your robes
are fragrant with the oils of myrrh, aloes and cassia.
From ivory palaces stringed instruments make you
glad. Daughters of kings are among your ladies of
honor. At your right hand stands the queen in the gold
of Ophir.'

I read on:
'You want me to forget the hurts of the past, from
those closest to me. You desire my beauty, the beauty
that comes from gazing upon You. I look and see the
bride, your bride. She is all glorious within, with robes
intertwined with gold. She will be led to her king in
many colored robes, with her virgin companions
following. With joy and gladness they are led as they
enter the palace of the King.'

Dear reader, when I read this psalm I see pictures
through a glass darkly of what it will be like in the
age to come. As I write out the psalm of hope and
joy, I am reminded of the day 45 years ago when I
walked down the aisle to be married to my handsome
prince. I could hardly contain myself! I knew deep
down that I was experiencing a small taste of what
we, as His bride, will experience one glorious day!
That day may come sooner than we think.

May you see your life in light of eternity.

Maranatha!

No comments: