Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Psalm 36--WOW!

As I pursue this idea of turning to God as my
counterbalance I have come across some ideas on
how to do this. It is first of all turning from myself
to Him, but then what? On January 6th I was
reading Psalm 36 and it reminded me of a song
that I learned long ago.

'Thy steadfast love extends to the heavens.
Thy faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
Thy righteousness is like majestic mountains,
And Thy wisdom like the depth of the sea,
And You come to me,

Filling my life with your loving kindness,
I find my rest in the shadow of your wings,
I eat my fill from the abundance of your 
         household,
And, I drink from the streams of rejoicing,
And, you are my King.

So I turn from myself to this God; a God who
is steadfast love, faithful, righteous, wise, who
shelters me, who has food that does not spoil,
and drink that always refreshes--my King.

Reader, God does not want you to empty your
mind, but to focus it on Him and to meditate on
His character and His gifts to you. You will find
both by digging into His Word.

Rejoice in Him always!

No comments: