Monday, January 11, 2016

Shaken

In the last blog I touched on the phrase, 'she shall not
be moved.' This idea is implied in many of the psalms.
An example comes from a psalm I looked at last week:

'I have set the Lord always before me;
 because he is at my right hand,
I shall not be shaken (moved).'
(Ps 16:8)

We set the Lord before us in our feebleness so that we
may have stability in all circumstances. God
counterbalances our weaknesses with his mighty power
and we feel safe. Think about Peter who asked to walk
on water. He was fine until he looked at his circumstances
and found himself under the circumstance! He took his
eyes off of Jesus, his counterbalance, and was shaken
to the core.

Your God is able to lift you up and give you peace in the
midst of the waves, in the midst of chaos. He wants us to
be feeble in ourselves to overcome, and then to know that
He is God. Honestly, reader, is not this contrary to many
of the teachings you hear today? Listen carefully to what
you hear/read, test everything by scripture itself, but
especially my blogs!

No comments: