Thursday, May 9, 2013

Questions

As I read through the 15th chapter of the first
book of Corinthians, I am struck by the fact that
Paul builds something from the very first verse.
It is impossible to pick a verse here and there,
because each verse stands on the previous verses.

Paul begins the chapter with the foundation of
our faith. Christ's death, burial and resurrection.
Then he spends verses 12 to 34 on what the
resurrection is all about, "for if Christ did not
rise from the dead then our preaching is in vain
and your faith is in vain." IT IS IN VAIN!

Paul asks questions, which seem to be the very
questions the church asked him in a letter. It
appears that the questions asked came out of
discussions and probably some heated arguments
among the believers. I am so glad that Paul took
seriously their questions and spent a lot of time
laying out the truth. I would rather look at
resurrection than the suffering of Job, wouldn't you?
So, beginning next week, I want to tackle this chapter.
And, I promise you, I will only scratch the surface.
Stories:
http://www.hisvictoriousindwelling.com/stories.html



No comments: