Thursday, October 18, 2012

Peace Revisited



Peace Again?

That word “peace” has been watered down to the point where it is meaningless.
The world talks about peace all the time, but not in the context of peace within
the individual. Jesus says:

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I
give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled neither let them be afraid.”
(John 14:27)

Frankly, I sit here convicted, overwhelmed with the events that press in on
me personally, and in terms of world events. My focus is on me or what man
is saying. My face is not toward my Papa God, who created heaven and 
earth and whose presence remains here with HIs creation. I tend to get 
caught up in the minutia of daily life and lose sight of WHOSE I am. When
this happens, peace is blocked, stress comes. 

“So, Papa, I come today to sit with You. You are my greatest need."


See my new story of a man who has found freedom coming out of pain:


No comments: