Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Above the Storm


Above the Storm

This past Friday I flew to Phoenix where my daughter picked me up and then we drove 
to Las Vegas where we attended the wedding of my beautiful, talented niece.
Sunday we drove back to Arizona for what turned out to be six hours or so in the car, 
with a 20 month old?

Meanwhile, on the east coast friends and family were getting ready for a major storm 
of epic proportions and for the last 24 hours have endured high winds, heavy rain,
high tides and even, in some cases, heavy snow. It has been called the biggest 
weather event ever because a cold front met a hurricane and the whole mess turned 
into a massive nor’easter. Meanwhile, here in Arizona, the sun is shining and I am 
preparing to enter into another beautiful day. I am “above the storm,” so to speak. 

It has caused me to ponder many things and my journey has taken me to Psalm 42:

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore, we will not fear 
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, 
though its waters roar and foam, 
though the mountains tremble at is swelling…

‘BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD.’”

Whether in the midst of the storm, or removed from the storm, 
whether I feel safe or not, 
I am safe. 
Why, because “God is my refuge, a well proved help in trouble.”

“Papa, My heart goes out to those who woke up this morning and 
found chaos and destruction everywhere. Many have lost everything. 
You are in their midst and I pray 
that they will be still and in that stillness, know that You are God.”

See the stories in my website:

No comments: