Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Worse and Worse

How many of you have read the book of Habakkuk?
It is full of hidden treasures and could have been
written today. In yesterday's blog the prophet came
to God with a complaint. The Lord's answer is NOT
what he wanted to hear!
In a nutshell...

"Be astounded
I am raising up a dreaded and fearful nation
They all come for violence.
They gather captives like sand
They are guilty men whose own might is 
     their God."

Habakkuk is stunned! He is blunt!
"Are you not from everlasting
O Lord my God, my Holy One?
We shall not die...
You who are of purer eyes than to see evil
     and cannot look at wrong,
why do you idly look at traitors
     and remain silent when the wicked
        swallows up
the man more righteous than he?"

Habakuk considers the character of God and what
He knows of Him and it does not add up. Then the
prophet says:

"I will take my stand
and station myself on the tower, and look out
to see what he will say to me, and what I will 
answer concerning my complaint."

I love this man! When things don't go his way, the
way of his expectations, he lets God know what is
on his mind and then remains to see what God will
say. He does not pull the covers over his head,
drop out of life and then moan, 'woe is me.' At least
not yet!








No comments: