Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Hilarious Hope!

Rumor has it that we will play harps and float on clouds
when we get to heaven. Nothing could be further from
the truth!!!!!!

"No eye has seen, nor ear heard,
nor the heart imagined,
what God has prepared for those
      who love him." I Cor 2:9

Wow! What a verse! If I ended the blog here, it would
suffice. But, God, gives hints of what He has prepared
for us after we arrive in heaven and then through the
ages.

He says that we:
Are co-heirs with Christ
Will reign with Christ
Have new bodies (Out with the old; in with the new!)
We will get crowns (a crown is promised to those who
          long for His appearing.)
A city has been prepared for us--the New Jerusalem
He has prepared "our very own place"
We will live in a new heaven and a new earth

In the Revelation of John, letters are written to be read
by all the churches. Each contains rewards:

1 'To the one who conquers I will grant to eat of the
Tree of Life, which is in the paradise of God.'

2 'Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the 
crown of life. The one who conquers will not be 
hurt by the second death.'

3 'To the one who conquers will be given the hidden
manna, and a white stone, with a new name written
on the stone that no one knows except the one who
received it.'

4 'The one who conquers and who keeps my works 
until the end, to him I will give authority over the 
nations and he will rule them...even as I myself 
have received authority from my Father. And, I will 
give him the morning star.'

5 'The one who conquers will be clothed in white
garments, and I will never blot his name out of  the 
book of life. I will confess his name before my Father 
and before his angels.'

6 'The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in 
the temple of my God. Never will he go out of it, and I 
will write on him the name of my God, and the name 
of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem, which comes 
down from heaven, and my own new name.'

7 'The one who conquers I will grant him to sit on my 
throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my 
Father on his throne.' 

Reader, what you believe and how you live now will
affect all of eternity. Think of a ball of twine; blacken
the tip and then pull out the string until it lies at your
feet. That tiny black spot influences how you will live,
whether in heaven or hell. Don't wait another second to
make Jesus your Savior and Lord. Once you belong to
Him, forgive, surrender to His will, love, be faithful,
endure, because Forgiveness, Surrender, Love, Faith-
fulness, Endurance live within you. He is your identity,
not what you have done or been. All is made new!

'Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we 
will yet be has not yet appeared; but we know that 
when He appears we shall be like him, because we 
shall see him as he is. And everyone who thus hopes 
in him purifies himself as he is pure.' 1John 3:2,3

Father of glory, send to us a spirit of wisdom and
revelation in the knowledge of Jesus, having the
eyes of our hearts enlightened that we may know
what is the hope to which we have been called...
Eph 1:17,18





No comments: