Tuesday, May 10, 2016

My Heart Sings!

I went to sleep and woke this morning thinking about the
word, 'conquer.' Recently I wrote out all the rewards listed
in the Revelation letters to the Seven Churches. So much
is at stake and yet how do we come a conqueror?  I am
sure I have heard a sermon or two on this; I am equally
sure that the content couldn't possibly apply to me! I did
not view myself as a conqueror. If I was stuck, you may
be also!

To conquer: To overcome; to gain the victory

We know that Jesus conquered death when He rose
from the grave. In Romans 6 Paul talks about our being
crucified, buried and risen with Christ.

In Romans 8 Paul ends in a peel of trumpets to
encourage the believers in Rome--and us:

'What shall we say to these things? If God be for us, 
who can be against us? He who did not spare his own 
Son, but gave him up for us all, how will he not also 
with him graciously give us all things...? Who shall 
separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, 
or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, 
or danger or sword?'

'NO, IN ALL THESE THINGS WE ARE MORE 
THAN CONQUERORS THROUGH HIM WHO 
LOVED US.'

Dear reader, we are conquerors, not out of our own
strength, but through the One who loves us. The
weakest among us is fully able to conquer in all things.
Does this not make your heart sing?


No comments: