Friday, April 10, 2015

The Unfolding

One evening Naomi says to Ruth, "My daughter,
Boaz is winnowing barley tonight at the threshing
floor. Here is what you should do." Blushing and
beautiful, Ruth responds by saying, "All that you 
say I will do."

Ruth goes to the threshing floor and watches the
man as he eats and drinks and where he goes to
lie down. When she is sure Boaz is asleep, with
heart beating, Ruth creeps over, uncovers his
feet and lies down.

Suddenly Boaz wakes up: "Who are you?"

"I am Ruth your servant. Spread your wings--
covering-- over me for you are a redeemer."

"May you be blessed of the Lord...It is true that
I am a redeemer but there is a redeemer nearer
than I...As the Lord lives I will redeem you."

Before dawn Ruth leaves.
Before noon Boaz has redeemed Ruth. 

"Boaz then takes Ruth to be his wife." (Ahhh)

What a story! Cinderella move over!

The story of Boaz and Ruth is a picture of Christ
and His Bride. (YOU) Our Savior became a Man
in order "to redeem us from the curse of the law by 
being made a curse for us." Can you say, WOW!

Reader, it is only four enchanting chapters filled
with tenderness, giving, serving, love, integrity,
redemption. Take some time this weekend to sit
and smile as you read it for yourself.


No comments: