Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A Good Word

At the end of Hebrews comes the most fantastic
blessing:

'Now may the God of peace who brought again
from the dead our Lord Jesus Christ, the great 
shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything
good that you may do his will, working in us that
which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ,
to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen'
(Heb 13:20,21)

I was just a little girl when the retired pastor took
the pulpit between pastors. Each week he would
speak this blessing over us in a deep confident voice.
It touched my heart and I can still hear his voice. I
met this man years later. He was old, unable to work,
depressed. He had lost his focus. He had forgotten
about that 'great shepherd of the sheep who worked 
in him that which was well pleasing in his sight.'

I need this word. You may need this word. So, I
will meditate on it and break it down and together
we will be strengthened to do 'that which is pleasing
in his sight.'

No comments: