Friday, April 3, 2015

Betrayal

In Luke six, Jesus prays all night and then chooses
the twelve including Judas, 'who became a traitor.'
Did Jesus know Judas was the man? The disciples
were fooled to the bitter end, but not our Lord.
'Truly I say to you, one of you will betray me.'

Tell me, reader, what level of anguish, of deep
suffering entered into Jesus as He watched his
friend, his companion of three years, run out the
door? This was an inside job--family.

Last evening the focus was on Judas, but I found
myself pondering the phrase in Philippians 3:10,
'The fellowship of his suffering.'

Paul says we need to know the power of his
resurrection before we can truly enter into the
fellowship of his suffering. How else can we
handle inside betrayal except through Him?

Oh, Jesus, thank you for giving us an intimate
glimpse into your suffering. You are one of us,
for, 'You were despised and rejected of men; a 
man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.'
Because you are my resurrected indwelling Lord,
I can overcome the fallout of betrayal!

Go into stories and read the story of the very worst
betrayal. That of a mother towards her daughter.
'Quicksand'
http://www.hisvictoriousindwelling.com/stories.php

No comments: