Monday, March 31, 2014

Responses to Trials

"Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery
trial when it comes upon you to test you..."

So, trials are a given in this life. But, how am I
as a Christian supposed to respond to them?

"...But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's 
sufferings that you may rejoice and be glad
when his glory is revealed. (1Peter 4:13)

"Count it all joy my brothers, when you meet
trials of various kinds."   (James 1:2)

"...give thanks in all circumstances for this is
the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
(1Thessalonians 5:18)

These scriptures are from the pen of three
writers: "Rejoice; count it all joy; give thanks
in everything."

This looks like a lot of surrender to me. I
cannot, absolutely cannot do this unless I
am consciously dwelling in Him as the branch
dwells in the vine. Otherwise, I kick against
any negative thing that comes into my life.
The flesh in me does not respond very well to
the negatives.

How about you, beloved, can you grasp
what God's will is for you when life crashes
in?

Tune in tomorrow and see what God has
been up to just this past weekend. What a story!

Thankfulness Corner:
Low mountains in white, in brown, finally in green.

No comments: