Wednesday, March 19, 2014

In Captivity

Many Jews were taken into Babylon, only a remnant
remained behind. God told them to sow and plant,
and marry for this was not going to be a short deal.
So, what about the multitude, how did they fare?

"By the waters of Babylon,
there we sat down and wept,
when we remembered Zion.
On the willows' there
we hung up our lyres...
How shall we sing the Lord's song
in a foreign land?" (Psalm 137: 1,2,4)

It appears that these Jews stayed in the past and
stayed miserable. They stopped singing. They
refused to worship. They hung up their
instruments on the weeping willows along the
river. They were in captivity in their hearts not
just in their bodies.

Dear reader, when I live in the past of regret
and failure; when I live in a time of "better
then than now," I cannot be available to the
gifts and opportunities of the present--and I
stop singing. I am then in a captivity of my own
making.

Thankfulness Corner:
Long dark shadows walking along at Sunset.

stories: http://www.hisvictoriousindwelling.com/stories.php


No comments: