Friday, March 14, 2014

Love this quote!

Three men in Babylon surrendered themselves to
to God and went into the fire. Yesterday I posted
the story of 27 villagers in North Korea who gave
up their lives willingly. Today I want to share what
surrender looks like from the pen of
Anne Graham Lotz, the daughter of Billy Graham.

"I am learning to rest. If my father goes to heaven
this week, this month, this year, or remains for a
long time; if my husband regains his health and
independence, or returns to the hospital in another
series of crises; if my relationships are gloriously
reconciled or remain broken; if my prayers are
answered the way I have prayed, or continue to
give no indication they have even been heard; if my
ministry dries up or flourishes; if my financial
resources remain sufficient for my needs or evaporate
in medical expenses...like Habakkuk, I will rejoice
in the Lord as I let go of what I want, when I want it, 
and lie down in the arms of my heavenly Father. 
Turning the thought around, when Jesus prayed 
from the cross, 'Father, into Your hands I commit 
My spirit,' that's what He did--He lay down in the 
arms of His heavenly Father."
Anne Graham Lotz, 2014

Dear reader, I am not there yet, but I want to be.

Thanksgiving Corner:
early morning clouds, geese flying, patch of sun on
mountain.

No comments: