Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Receive--Light



The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them light has shined.  Is. 9:1
Little lights shine from our Christmas tree; candles flicker on the mantle of the fireplace. These are but a poor reflection of the One whose birth shattered the darkness. The babe who came 2,000 years ago and who declared Himself to be “The Light”, has brought light into my darkness. I received Him as a gift from my Heavenly Father many years ago.
Papa, How grateful I am to You that You sent us your only Son as a mere babe to overcome the darkness engulfing our world. I am pierced anew by your lavish gift to me in the person of your Son. I receive Him in a fresh way this Christmas season. Enlighten the eyes of my heart to clearly see the hope to which I have been called. Jesus is the light of the world; He is my light and my salvation.  
Light of the World You stepped down into darkness.

No comments: