Thursday, December 1, 2011

Crucified with Christ

I want to revisit this verse for it is the theme of my website.

Darby wrote in 1890, "For I through the law, have died to the law, that I might live to God." (not FOR Him.)  He goes on to say:

"I am crucified with Christ, and no longer live, I, but Christ lives in me; but in that I live in the flesh, I live by faith, the faith OF the Son of God, who has loved me and given himself for me."  Gal 2:19,20

How do I unpack this verse?  In very small bites!  The word for Crucified in the greek is "stauroo" It means to "be crucified WITH."  It denotes union, companionship.

Romans 6:6 says, "knowing this, that our old man has been crucified WITH Him, that the body of sin might be annulled, that we should no longer serve sin."  (Darby)

Eph 1:4 says, "According as He has chosen us IN HIM before the world's foundation, that we should be holy and blameless before Him in love; having marked us out beforehand for adoption through Jesus Christ to Himself."  Darby

Eph 1:11 again uses the words "being marked out beforehand"

The thing that pierces me to the core is that, I was chosen in Him, marked out beforehand.  Before what? The foundation of the world.  So, I was in Him before creation.  I was in Christ when He died on the cross and so perished with Him.  I live but not as before. Christ lives in me and it is out of His life that I live my life. I live by faith, the faith of the Son of God.  It is not out of my faith.

I am complete in Him.  Complete!  It leaves me breathless, undone before Him.

Dearest Papa, you marked me out beforehand for adoption through Jesus Christ.  You marked me out unto Yourself.  You chose me before creation to be holy and blameless; then you provided the means for that by the crucifixion of your Son.  I am even now, a new creation. What can I possibly add to that? Out of death has come LIFE!  I am fully alive, complete.  I ask you to give me more revelation of this truth, empower me to walk out of who I am:
"CHRIST IN ME, THE HOPE OF GLORY!"

No comments: