Thursday, December 22, 2011

Receive--The Father’s Heart


My earthly father did not choose me, but my heavenly Father did!
Ponder the following scripture:
But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And, because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts crying Abba Father! So, you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.  Gal. 4:4-7
Nothing in this verse implies distance--an old man with a long beard who sits in heaven uninvolved, uninterested in his creatures on earth. Oh no, this verse implies intimacy, sonship to the living God. He is now Daddy, Papa.  He chose me!  He loves me!  We talk together; He shares His heart with me and I share mine with Him. He who is God, is in fellowship with me through his Son, Jesus.  Truly, it blows my mind.
Papa, I love you!


No comments: