Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Receive-- Peace WITH God

As I move from 2011 to 2012, I find the world in turmoil yet God has much to say about peace.
God makes peace with me in that He moves toward ME and does not require any activity on my part.  Two scriptures put this into perspective for me:

In Col 1:21,22 Paul says, “And you, who were once alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, He has now reconciled in His body of flesh by His death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before Him.”  
I was completely hostile to anything pertaining to God.  DIdn’t want Him; didn’t need Him.  But, He moved toward me!  Jesus brought me into reconciliation with the Father through His physical death on the cross.  He now presents me as holy, blameless, above reproach before Him.  Nothing in this verse says anything about going to church, baptism, prayer, or living right--not that there is anything wrong with these things, but nothing I DO will ever make me right with God. God did it all! 
Since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.  
Rom. 5:1
Papa--I receive today the peace that comes from being reconciled to You through your precious Son. I receive it by faith. You are so extravagant!  I give you my nothing for your everything.  Loving You today.

No comments: