Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Receive--the peace OF God

This is what Jesus said to His disciples the night before He died:  
“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." Jn 14:27
Peace--freedom from agitation, anxiety, fear.  
But it is more than freedom from; peace brings quietness and rest of heart.
The world does not have access to true peace. 
True peace for those who are Believers is the serenity that is untroubled when the oceans roar as financial systems collapse, when nations prepare for war; when our personal worlds fly apart. 
Peace is a choice.  
Papa, In this Christmas Season, I am so grateful that Jesus came to us as the Prince of Peace. He indwells me as peace. In times of great stress--even the stress that comes to me during THIS season--I can turn to You and receive peace by faith. You say, “let NOT your heart be troubled. Let NOT your heart dwell in fear." I always have a choice. I give You my fear and anxiety today in exchange for Your peace.

No comments: