Friday, December 23, 2011

Receive--A Hiding Place


David says in Ps 18, “I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. 
He is my I AM--my present shelter, my true hiding place.  He says to me:

"Jane, I AM your strength
I AM your rock
I AM your fortress
I AM your deliverer
I AM your God
My Rock in whom I take refuge
I AM your refuge
I am your shield; the horn of your salvation
I am your stronghold.”
“Papa, today, right now I receive You as my I AM, a very present help in trouble. I exchange my weakness, my vulnerability, the sense of homelessness, for Your complete sufficiency. When I got Jesus, I got everything! You ARE my hiding place. I don’t need to wait until Christmas Day to unwrap a place of safety. ‘I love you, O Lord, my strength.’”

No comments: