Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Missing Son


Today I was thinking about the Prodigal son.  As I was pondering the story (Luke 15:11), it dawned on me that the Prodigal never ceased being a son.  The “extravagant” one was asking his dad to disown him when he asked for his inheritance early, before death. The Father gave his son the inheritance but he did not disown his son. Instead, he continued to love him--passionately. The Father watched for him daily. When he saw the son coming, the Father ran to his son, threw his arms around him and said, “welcome home, my son.  It is time to party!”
Papa, I have missed this all my life.  The PRODIGAL never ceased being the son of his Father.  Neither do the prodigals of this generation cease to be your sons and daughters.  Not one is lost.  This story is a picture of your heart:  The waiting yearning heart of a Dad.

No comments: