Friday, July 13, 2018

A Supernatural Transfusion

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live;
yet not I, but Christ liveth in me...
Galatians 2:20

The true Christian life, which begins with a super-
natural transition, consists and continues in a 
supernatural transfusion.

The very life and nature of Christ are transfused
into the innermost being of the Christian believer
by the Holy Spirit. Thus our Savior's word is ful-
filled: "Because I live, ye shall live also." John
14:19. Paul not only says, "I live, yet not I;" he
goes on to say, "but Christ liveth in me." There
is not only transition; there is transfusion. This is 
the most precious sacred secret of the Christian 
life. The man of the world neither understands it 
nor even suspects it. Yet oh, how real it is to our 
Lord's own!

Now just because of this supernatural transfu-
sion, the New Testament ideal for our Christian
life is that there will be within us a continual
displacement of the old self-life, and an ever-
clearer enthronement of the new Christ-life. 
All of us, by nature, are ego-centric, self-cen-
tered; but we are meant to become Christ-
centered. Christ is to be the new life within 
our life; the new mind within our mind; the 
new will within our will; the new love within 
our love; the new Person within our personality... 

The whole of our consciousness is meant to 
be penetrated with the consciousness of His 
indwelling life and mind and will and love, 
even as the air in Summer is transfused with 
sunshine.  
J Sidlow Baxter (1903-1999) is a prolific 
author on the Christian life. His books in-
clude,
Awake My Heart and Explore the Book.

Reader, I have never heard of this man so I
looked him up and found a wonderful bio-
graphy. I think you will enjoy looking over
the ups and downs of his life. He lived out
what he preached.

http://www.disciplemagazine.com/www/articles/122.226

No comments: