Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The Visible vrs The Invisible

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the 
days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the 
Lord forever. Psalm 23

How easy it is to backslide from truth when the things 
of life cut into us. How hard it is to hold onto the 
invisible when the visible is in your face. How can I 
say, 'Only goodness and loving kindness will pursue 
me all the days of my life,' when my world rocks and
my heart fails me? Ah, my heart fails me. But of 
course, I have taken my eyes off of my Savior and 
placed them on the waves of circumstances.
 'God help me!' 
If I do not immediately return to the foundation of 
truth, I will be swept away by a lie.

One truth is foundational. No matter what God allows
in my life, He is the One who stands at the place of
'joyous bountiful gracious favor towards me' and in 
the 'kindness of His strong affection and tender regard 
for me.' I am loved.

How great is our invisible God!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Amen! We all need to get our eyes off the visable and onto the invisable. 2 Corinthians 5:7, "For we walk by faith, not by sight."