Tuesday, August 2, 2016

The Gift

He made Him who knew no sin
to be sin for us,
so that we might become 
the righteousness
of God in Him. 
2 Corinthians 5:21

Through identification with His death I can be freed 
from sin, and have His very righteousness imparted
as a gift to me. The teaching is not Christ for me
unless I am determined to have Christ formed in me.
(OC)

Reader, the above is one of the most incredible
verses in the Bible. It is an easy read. The first
phrase is comprised of one syllable words, the
second half is also a simple construct. When do
we become the righteousness of God? When we
identify with His death, His righteousness is
imparted to us as a gift. Tell me, when have you
heard this clearly explained to you? Have you
ever heard that salvation is not for you unless it
is your determined desire that Christ be formed
in you? How does this happen? Through letting
go and letting God have His way regardless of
the cost. It cuts across all that I want for myself!

He--
the Creator of all,
the King of kings,
the Lord of Lords,
the Holy One,
became sin...

No comments: